THP the homeowners problem we call it at Brookdale in Northampton.

1. DON' T UPGRADE TO THE DOUBLE HUNG LOW ARGON WINDOWS. THEY ARE POOR QUALITY AND LEAK AIR. JUST PUT IN THE STANDARD AND HAVE THE WINDOWS REPLACED IN THE FUTURE.

2. BE PREPARED TO BUY LOST OF INSULATION FOAM TO SEAL UP ALL THE AIR LEAKS. fOR EXAMPLE THERE IS A 2" MIN. AIR GAP BETWEEN THE BASEMENT WINDOW AND THE WOOD FRAMING. ALSO IN THE DEAD OF WINTER THE COLD AIR BLOWS IN BETWEEN THE WOOD FRAMING AND THE FOUNDATION. THE WATER CONDENSATION LINE THAT TAKES WATER FROM THE HEATING SYSTEM WILL COULD FREEZE IF IT IS PLACED ALONG THIS LEAK. THE HEAT WILL JUST DOWN IF THE LINE FREEZES. THP CONSIDERS ALL OF THE AIR LEAKS A FEATURE SO THE HOUSE IS NOT TO TIGHT. THP THINKS THERE CUSTOMERS ARE IDIOTS AND WILL BUY THERE ***. BE PREPARED TO BUY LITS OF FOAM INSULATION TO FEEL ALL THE AIR LEAKS. I COULD WRITE A BOOK ON ALL THE OTHER PROBLEMS THERE HOMES BRING.

ADAM

NORTHAMPTON

Had an Experience with THP Properties?

Comments

Norristown, Pennsylvania, United States #927190

Well, After 13 months wait to move into our disaster....We call the place THE NIGHTMARE ON ASHLAND DRIVE.

Please do yourself a favor and run for the hills. You will have to deal with a very very crooked company.

This company is all about 1 thing, HOW MUCH MONEY CAN WE SAVE OUR COMPANY AFTER WE GET HOMEOWNERS MONEY. They use the cheapest contractors available and then hold their money so nothing gets finished on time.

You will be very disappointed and probably hang yourself just like I almost did. We were promised a move in date of 3 mos and it was pushed back over a year. Problem was we sold our home and had to move into a temporary apartment. Then we were given 3 move in dates by THP (the homeowners problem) and were pushed again.

almost had to move twice with wife and kids.

FOR GODS SAKE!!

USE ANOTHER BUILDER WHEATHER IT COSTS A LITTLE MORE OR NOT!!!!!!!!!

PS...the real estate agents although nice, are forced and will lie directly to your face!!!!

don't even think about buying a home from this builder!!!!!I bought a brand new home and have seen more problems then I ever did in my old one!!!

The windows are just how you said they would be.

The doors are another issue and the floors were a nightmare.Believe me this is not a builder you want to deal with

Munich, Bavaria, Germany #34411

I forgot to mention they did send out pieces of foam rubber to block the air breaches in the window. a new home and you have to bock leaky windows with foam rubber?